Heilind Electronics, the largest distributor of interconnect products in North America, is now stocking TE Connectivity's inverted thru board (ITB) card edge connector, which provides a direct power connection between driver boards and the underside of LED array boards. This surface mounted connector was developed for LED lighting applications and other devices to provide a cableless, space-saving power connection between a driver board and LED array PCB. When this connector is top-mounted on an array PCB, the perpendicular mating direction into the underside of the array PCB makes the ITB card edge connector ideal for space-limited applications.
Key features of the ITB card edge connector include:
- Surface mounted at the same time as other devices on the PCB, eliminating secondary processes
- A one-piece mating solution for faster and easier assembly operation
- A low-profile, space-saving design. The 1.5mm height above the PCB minimizes LED light obstruction
- Offered in two versions to accept either 1.0mm or 1.2mm thick mating PCBs
- Surface mount hold downs provide stability during driver board mating and unmating
- Designed with round corners to minimize shadowing
- Flat-top surface allows for vacuum pick up
- Tape and reel packaging for high-speed SMT processing
Visit Heilind's website for more information about the ITB Card Edge Connector.