Heilind Electronics Inc., the largest distributor of interconnect products in North America, is now stocking JAE's SM3 Series of connectors.
Slim and high-speed are two necessary and expanding characteristics in many applications. And the same is true for module card connectors. Therefore, JAE developed the SM3 Series card-edge connector to meet this demand. The SM3 Series is a compact card-edge connector for mobile devices that offers significant space savings. The SM3 is also compatible with the PCI-SIG, PCI Express M.2 specification, supporting multiple modules, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and solid-state drives.
The SM3 Series is available in two heights: 3.10mm and 4.10mm. The higher profile 4.10mm version allows 1mm height components to be mounted underneath the module. This feature maximizes the available mounting space, which contributes to greater board designing freedom for customers.
The SM3 Series is also lead-free, halogen-free and RoHS-compliant.
- Compatible with PCI-SIG PCI Express M.2 Specification, and transmission of high-speed signals such as PCIe, Gen 3, USB 3.0, Displayport, SATA and more are possible.
- 0.5mm pitch (1 row back and front), 67 position, compact card-edge connector.
- On-board mounting type offers two height options. 4.1mm height version can mount 1mm tall components underneath the module.
- Card-edge connector supports multiple modules and conforms to four types of polarizing keys by changing the mold.
- Notebook PC/Tablet PC
- Portable gaming device
- TV and set-top box
- Smart meter
- Other wireless ultra-portable devices
Visit Heilind's website for more information about the SM3 Series.