TSMC today announced consolidated revenue of NT$162.58 billion, net income of NT$51.95 billion, and diluted earnings per share of NT$2.00 (US$0.34 per ADR unit) for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013.
Year-over-year, third quarter revenue increased 14.9 percent while net income and diluted EPS both increased 5.2 percent. Compared to second quarter of 2013, third quarter of 2013 results represent a 4.3 percent increase in revenue, and a 0.3 percent increase in net income. The results included a NT$1.35 billion write-off of investment in Stion which reduced the third quarter EPS by NT$0.05. All figures were prepared in accordance with TIFRS on a consolidated basis.
In US dollars, third quarter revenue increased 4.1 percent from the previous quarter and increased 14.8 percent year-over-year.
Gross margin for the quarter was 48.5 percent, operating margin was 36.7 percent, and net profit margin was 32 percent.
Shipments of 28-nanometer process technology reached 32 percent of total wafer revenues. 40/45-nanometer accounted for 20 percent of total wafer revenues. Advanced technologies, defined as 40/45-nanometers and more advanced technologies, accounted for 52 percent of total wafer revenues.