IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS), the leading global source of critical information and insight, announced that its CAPS Universe electronic component database now powers the intelligence behind the recently launched Trusted Global Buyers Network (TGBN).
TGBN is a new online community from Network Product Solutions, LLC (NPS) for buyers, engineers, and suppliers to connect, collaborate, share, learn, and find electronic components, fasteners and electromechanical parts. With the IHS CAPS integration, buyers at small- and medium-sized businesses now have cost-effective access to the parts intelligence reports previously available only to larger organizations.
“By utilizing the TGBN Dashboard powered by IHS and its social collaboration features,” said Ed Odette, founder and president of NPS. “Original equipment manufacturers (OEM) now have access to intelligence that will help them identify compromised parts and proactively fight obsolescence and counterfeit issues, without stretching their current budget.”
Bob Braasch, senior director for IHS Parts Management Solutions, added: “IHS is excited to be partnering with the experienced team at TGBN as they provide insight and technical details to organizations of all sizes that in the past could not justify the expense of a full subscription for component parts management, yet still need to ensure that they mitigate supply chain risks for their component parts.”
TGBN offers four separate reports on a part-by-part basis for $19.95 per report. These include:
- End-of-Life (EOL) & Counterfeit Analysis Report–covering manufacturer information, end-of-life (EOL) analysis, product change notices (PCN), counterfeit alerts from manufacturer, IHS, ERAI and GIDEP
- Detailed Part Information Analysis Report–covering manufacturer information, detailed product attributes, PCN notifications, all available product documents
- Alternate Part & After-Market Information–covering manufacturer information, aftermarket manufacturer information, and alternate parts which may work as a replacement.
- Environmental Analysis Report–covering manufacturer information, RoHS (EU & CN), REACH, and Lead-Free details, all related environmental documentation including conflict minerals
The TGBN Dashboard allows users to find information one part at a time or by uploading a flat file list of part numbers as well as scrub part numbers to ensure correct, orderable inventory; access part information and documentation; and the performance of accurate community searches.
To learn more, please visit:
- Getting Started with the TGBN Dashboard
- How TGBN Works (flowchart)
- How the TGBN Dashboard Works (flowchart)
- Community Help and Feedback