Cymbet Corporation announced that they have signed a Distribution Agreement with Future Electronics, a global leading distributor of electronic components to distribute Cymbet’s entire family of EnerChip™ Smart Solid State Batteries and power management solutions in North America and South America. Future Electronics customers can now purchase Cymbet EnerChip rechargeable solid state batteries that are created using semiconductor processes and are sold in both standard plastic IC packages and as bare die batteries.
EnerChips enable new innovative product capabilities that previously could not be realized using legacy energy storage devices such as coin cell batteries or supercapacitors. “Future Electronics is an ideal partner for Cymbet as they have deep and long term relationships with electronics companies around the world,” said Blair Wilson Cymbet VP of Sales. “Future has a unique focus on Green Tech and Energy Harvesting with their Future Energy Solutions team. Cymbet solid state batteries, power management devices and energy harvesting solutions such as the EnerCard™ EH power module are an excellent fit.”
EnerChips Go Where Coin Cell Batteries and Super Caps Can Not
EnerChip rechargeable solid state batteries have a footprint as small as the CBC005 bare die that is 1.37mm x 0.85mm x 175 microns thick. Packaged EnerChip batteries with integrated power management range from 4 x 5 x 0.9mm to 9 x 9 x 0.9mm depending on battery capacity size. “We are extraordinarily pleased to now represent Cymbet in the Americas,” said Richard Ankcorn, Director of Future Energy Solutions, a division of Future Electronics. “Our customers will be able to accelerate their new product innovation by using Cymbet rechargeable solid state batteries and ultra-low power management solutions.”
Experimenting with EnerChips using Evaluation Kits Future can now provide their customers with EnerChip Evaluation Kits to develop new products using Cymbet solutions:
- CBC-EVAL-05B EnerChip CC Evaluation Kit contains everything needed to test EnerChip, 5uAh, 12uAh and 50uAh thin film batteries with Integrated Battery Management for power backup.
- CBC-EVAL-09 Universal Energy Harvesting Kit provides a platform to try any type of EnerChip Harvesting transducer with the Cymbet Energy Processor and EnerChip batteries.
- CBC-EVAL-10B Solar Energy Harvesting Kit provides a cost effective solar EH solution with the PV cell tied directly to the EnerChip internal power management IC. Supports wireless endpoints.
- CBC-EVAL-11 RF Induction Charging Kit provides a method of wirelessly charging an EnerChip CBC3150. Supports wireless sensor nodes.
- CBC-EVAL-12 EnerChip RTC Real-Time-Clock Evaluation Kit: includes a Cymbet EnerChip RTC chip that combines a Real Time Clock, EnerChip solid state battery and power management IC in a single 5mmx5mmx1.4mm package. This kit also includes a Windows based Graphical User Interface to set the clock & test RTC operation in backup and count-down modes.
Included with all Cymbet evaluation kits are links to full datasheets and application notes that include reference designs and schematics. All the information designers need for easy EnerChip integration into their new products is on www.cymbet.com.
Contact information for Future is under the www.cymbet.com Buy tab.