Irvine, Calif. – Conexant Systems Inc. has debuted its CX20952 HD audio CODEC at Computex 2014. The CX20952 delivers high quality audio on computers and tablets with low power consumption along with two cap-free headphone amplifiers, and a fully-integrated Class-D amplifier. Part of Conexant’s AudioSmart family, the CX20952 is also an intelligent device – it’s a single-chip solution that monitors power delivered to speakers to ensure maximum sound pressure level (SPL) and optimal performance without damage to system components, said the company.
The fully-integrated CX20952 SOC enables a smaller motherboard footprint and lower bill of materials (BOM) cost for applications that do not require the high output power of a large, discrete device. The two cap-free HP/Line outputs and a universal jack automatically detects and configures itself to support CTIA (Apple) or OMTP (Nokia) style headsets.
- Support for multiple peripheral types (headphones, headsets, powered speakers, microphones and line-in devices) with a single 3.5-mm audio jack.
- Support for an additional direct-drive headphone output on a docking station or second jack panel.
- Loud, clear audio playback from small speakers in space-limited enclosures
- Stereo AudioSmart Class-D Speaker Amplifier for intelligent delivery of up to 2.8W per channel
- Integrated Hardware EQ/DRC with SpeakerShield Class-D protection
- Mono Output with tunable hardware LPF/BPF for subwoofer applications
- Up to four digital microphones supporting advanced configurations for tablets, convertibles, clamshells and AIOs
- Analog PC BEEP, EAPD and GPIOs
- I2C interface allowing real-time software control of auxiliary devices
- D3 Live supporting pass-through audio playback to Class-D with active EQ/DRC while system is asleep
“Consumers are beginning to expect the same high level of performance and clarity from audio as they have become accustomed to with HD video,” said Saleel Awsare, Conexant vice president and general manager, in a statement. “Our entire AudioSmart product line is designed to address users’ high expectations for a better, clearer, richer audio experience – and the new CX20952 does it all in a single chip.”