Chicago, Ill. – Newark element14 has announced the addition of the high-performance Freescale Freedom FRDM-K22F development kit to its extensive portfolio of technology products, which includes the biggest range of development kits available globally from one single source.
The new development board is the second Freedom board featuring a Kinetis K next-generation microcontroller and crystal-less USB controller. It is targeted at USB applications that require a high level of integration and the lower-power capabilities of the new generation of ARM© Cortex®-M4 core; @120MHz with Floating Point Unit and embeds 512KB Flash and 128KB RAM in a LQFP64 package.
The development board features a 6-axis accelerometer and magnetometer, RGB LED and Arduino R3 I/O connectors, and the new OpenSDAv2 serial and debug interface. It is suited for applications which require a high performance and low-power MCU, including:
- home and building automation
- industrial / commercial sensor nodes
- Internet-of-things data concentrators
- health and wellness monitors, sports and activity wearables
- gaming accessories
“We are delighted to work with Freescale on their latest MCU development tools as we continue to add the newest solutions to our portfolio, known to be the largest available anywhere. Freescale’s high-performance Kinetis K series of scalable MCUs are extremely versatile and engineers will welcome the flexibility for optional add-on modules,” said David Shen, Group Chief Technology Officer at Premier Farnell.
Included in the K22F are out-of-box demo applications:
- Bubble level - red and green LEDs indicating level
- eCompass - indicating magnetic north
- USB CDC demo - second serial terminal
- Metal detector - direction and distance to a metal object
- Stopwatch - real-time counter with 1/100th of a second precision
- air mouse; USB mouse to determine where/how to move the cursor
The Freescale Freedom K22F is priced at $32 and ships from
Newark element14 in North America.
Further details are available at:
The new development kit is the latest in Newark element14’s diverse variety of solutions ranging from starter kits to complete development boards, including the newest releases and exclusive bundles.