El Segundo, Calif. —IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS) is pleased to announce that its CAPS Universe Electronic Component Data has been integrated into the Aras Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) platform to create Aras Component Engineering.
Aras Component Engineering, designed for the engineering of new products and systems, seamlessly and securely embeds more than 100 million commercial electronic components into the Aras PLM environment, providing engineering and sourcing professionals with a single point of access to design, procure and sustain products with electronic components.
Aras Component Engineering was developed in partnership with IHS, the world’s leading source of business-critical information, insight and analytics. The IHS CAPS Universe database is the premier electronic component database containing part attribute data and documentation on hundreds of millions of parts from more than 2,000 global manufacturers. Together, IHS and Aras streamline and simplify component selection, approval, sourcing and compliance processes while increasing efficiency and productivity, as well as reducing regulatory and supply chain risk.
“By putting the world’s best component information exactly where designers and purchasing specialists need it, Aras is enabling global manufacturers to make better, faster decisions and to proactively manage changes in cost, availability and compliance early in the product lifecycle,” said Bob Braasch, senior director, parts management, at IHS.
Aras Component Engineering
With Aras Component Engineering, users have instant access to complete, current technical data, as well as obsolescence and compliance information, on board-level components from leading manufacturers around the world—without launching multiple browsers or separate applications.
- Parametric / Filtered Search of over 100 million parts in 400+ categories
- Search and Compare manufacturers’ parts side-by-side
- At-a-Glance Indicators for Approved Manufacturers and In-Use Parts
- Automated Workflows speed approval of new components and suppliers
- Preferred Supplier Status using red / yellow / green traffic light indicators
- Qualified Parts Status using red / yellow / green traffic light indicators
- Datasheets - Current and Historical
- Product Change Notices (PCN)
- Internal Part Requests (IPR)
- End of Life (EOL) Alerts
- Environment Compliance Documentation for RoHS and REACH
- Certifications of Conflict Mineral Compliance / CMRT
“We’re expanding the PLM process to include all phases of product development for systems engineering and enabling global manufacturers to innovate on their next-generation products,” said John Sperling, vice president of product management at Aras. “Aras Component Engineering is the latest example of how we’re taking PLM beyond the mechanical CAD file management that most PLM systems focus on—and into the enterprise and extended supply chain.”