Element14 has expanded its connector range to include the high current density Mega-Fit Power Connectors, from Molex, one of the world’s leader in complete interconnect solutions for telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, aerospace and defense, medical, and lighting.
The Molex Mega-Fit Power Connector delivers cutting-edge current density at 23.0 amps per circuit on a 5.7-millimeter pitch and row spacing. The compact form factor paired with high-current terminals provides one of the most power-dense connectors available.
The split-box terminal design offers six independent contact points for redundant current paths and long-term performance and reliability in virtually every industry and application. The Mega-Fit products maintain many of the characteristics of the power products offered by Molex including isolated terminals, positive housing locks and polarized housings.
Other features include:
- contacts allow the system to be "hot plugged" at 48V/23.0A up to 30 cycles
- deliver 23.0A in a small 5.70mm footprint
- extended barrel conductor crimp provides strong terminal-to-wire retention
- fully isolated header pins and receptacle terminals protect against potential damage during handling
- positive locking housing ensures secure retention when receptacle and header are mated
- headers available in right-angle and vertical configurations
These connectors are ideal for applications requiring power from 14.0 to 23.0A per terminal across multiple industries including telecommunications/networking, consumer/home appliance, commercial vehicle and industrial industries and are available at the Molex store on element14 at http://in.element14.com/molex
This offering is part of a larger investment by element14, significantly expanding its connector portfolio, available at http://in.element14.com/connectors-cables. The recently completed investment added thousands of parts to stock, further supporting the design activities of element 14’s engineering customers.