Sunnyvale, Calif. -- Spansion Inc. has expanded its automotive-grade Serial NOR flash product line with the launch of the FL-S family in 128-Mb and 256-Mb densities. These devices are qualified for the extended temperature range of -40 degrees C to +125 degrees C. The added temperature offerings complement the existing serial flash memory portfolio, ranging from 4 Mb to 1 Gb. Applications include advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), instrument clusters, infotainment and data logging.
Key features of the 128 Mb (S25FL128S) and 256 Mb (S25FL256S) SPI devices:
- Extended operating temperature of -40C to +125C
- Equivalent performance to Spansion's -40 degrees C to +105 degrees C range devices
- Industry's fastest SPI Read and Write performance
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Meets the TS16949 standard and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
- SOIC, WSON, BGA packages
- Extended addressing for access to higher memory density
- Configurable read latency for faster access time or higher clock rates
- Double Data Rate (DDR) read commands for SIO, DIO and QIO
- Advanced sector protection for individually protecting each sector
Availability: Samples of the extended temperature S25FL128S and S25FL256S devices are now available.