In The Field of Dreams building it was enough. Ray build a baseball diamond in his cornfield and Shoeless Joe Jackson and other baseball of yesteryear emerge from the fields to play baseball.
Unfortunately, when it comes to your company website and blog, building it is not enough. If you want people to visit your website and blog you need to take action. “Content is king, but distribution is queen and she wears the pants.”
Here are three things you can do to drive traffic to your website and blog:
- Create valuable content
- Valuable content will drive traffic to your website and blog. Moreover, valuable content will engage users, convert visitors to leads, and leads into customers.
- Valuable content communicates information to customers and prospects so that they have the knowledge to make better informed decisions. Moreover, valuable content is content that establishes your business as a reliable source of knowledge – as the thought-leader within the industry.
- Optimize your content
- The majority of B2B buyers start their research by doing a Google search. 75% percent of users don’t scroll past the first page of search results. Therefore, if you want your website and blog to show up on the first page of a search, you need to optimize your content.
- Your website and blog content should be optimized. Optimized content makes your website and blog search-engine friendly (and reader-friendly).
- Be active on social media
- Play where your target customers play. That is, be active on the social networks that your target customers are active on. Share your content, curate content, and engage (social lurking will get you nowhere).
If you build it, and take action, they will come.
Kate Lee is Director of Research and Strategy for Fronetics Strategic Advisors