CES – Las Vegas — Marvell has launched its Smart Home Cloud Center, touted as the first highly integrated and scalable smart home cloud solution for mobile internet and Internet of Things. The platform combines multiple Marvell products and technologies into one integrated solution for the smart home, allowing mobile devices to have full control of smart devices such as TVs, LED lighting, home security systems, smart meters and other home appliances. It’s powered by Marvell’s ARM system-on-chips (SoCs), high performance wireless connectivity (Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Bluetooth, NFC) and highly integrated wireline connectivity (SOHO Switch, G.hn).
Smart Home Cloud Center is an integrated hardware and software solution that seamlessly connects all of the smart devices in the home with enhanced secure features, delivering home networking and home automation, digital entertainment, secure storage and smart server with Kinoma software for the next generation of cloud services, said Marvell.
The Smart Home Cloud Center is said to be the only customizable turnkey reference platform that gives OEMs, cloud service providers and telecom carriers a complete technology solution to offer consumers a single integrated device to manage their wireline and wireless network connectivity, store their home media and multimedia, automate home devices, and access digital home entertainment anywhere, anytime and on any device. The platform can be tailored based on an operator’s or device vendor’s product requirements.
The Smart Home Cloud Center platform targets three market segments.
- Cloud Service Market: Smart Home Cloud Center to add enhanced mobile internet user experience of home cloud services
- Carrier Market: Smart Home Cloud Gateway to replace existing home gateway deployed by major carriers worldwide
- IoT Market: Smart IoT Gateway to aggregate local sensor information and perform local analytics before sending to cloud
- Support for all traditional home router functions as well as deep packet inspection (DPI), policy based traffic management, personal firewall and security, ad blocking and proxy services
- Accelerated gaming and mobile app downloads
- Home automation management capabilities including live video surveillance/recording, energy consumption monitoring and LED lighting control
- Integrated cloud services including mobile device access via APP, unified smartphone/tablet/PC UI, in-home and out-of-home accessibility, home NAS (Raid 0/1), cloud storage extension, home NAS and cloud storage sync, and pre-download of Internet content
- Digital entertainment features including OTT STB direct attach, home streaming server and video content transcoding
- Support for Android OS, complete application management, easy integration with web services and secure data partitioning between applications
- Multiple wireless user interfaces including Bluetooth 4.0 standard, NFC and Zigbee
- Home surveillance recording and playback as well as live video monitoring
- Content sharing among multiple, geographically spread Smart Home Cloud Center devices
Marvell will be demonstrating its technology solutions at CES 2015 in Marvell’s booth, Level 3, Murano 3304, at The Venetian.