TE Connectivity (TE), a world leader in connectivity, today announced that the Quareo physical layer management (PLM) system software, chassis and panels are one of the first automated infrastructure management (AIM) solutions to be certified for compliance with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security requirements, as tested and verified by the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
DIACAP certification is an intensive and stringent requirement for all IT systems that operate on a DoD network. As part of the certification process, TE worked with the DoD, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) to configure, test and confirm that the Quareo PLM system, with its connection point identification (CPID) technology, complies with DoD security requirements and was accredited by an authorized official. DIACAP certification verifies that the information systems the DoD utilizes for its critical applications are highly secure and reliable. The certification for the Quareo PLM system enables the DoD to leverage the efficiencies, visibility and control of the physical layer that only an AIM system utilizing CPID technology can deliver.
TE's Quareo PLM solution automatically discovers, documents and monitors connections within the physical layer network, greatly reducing or eliminating manual documentation processes. The system automatically tracks circuit continuity, port level status and changes to physical connectivity while providing an unprecedented level of detail about the physical layer and its components, such as end-to-end circuit lengths and service category alignment (e.g., cat 6 to cat 6, OM4 to OM4), and differentiates authorized and unauthorized changes. The Quareo PLM system provides port-level identification and guidance for enhanced change control processes, improving efficiency, accountability and accuracy of service work.
To enable a more cyber-secure world, TE's Quareo technology brings the added security and controls required across the physical layer of every network. Features include:
- Detection of each physical connection or disconnection within the network – local or remote site, authorized and unauthorized actions,
- Event-driven notifications and alarms, as they occur, to track progress of assigned tasks or report out-of-scope events,
- Works in conjunction with a client's existing NMS software to activate/bridge critical security notification protocols to lock down any physical threat to the network,
- Production of detailed circuit reports by location and type to supplement network audits to assist and document their network compliance to cyber-physical-security concerns and guidelines (FISMA, HIPAA, CFR-11, GLB, etc.),
- Consistent and reliable documentation and uniform change control processes enable new or transitory technicians and IT staff to service the physical layer network at any monitored location.
"The Quareo PLM system provides a level of visibility, automation and accountability to the physical layer of the network that is necessary to support cyber physical security concerns, and continuity of staff and services over the lifetime of the network," said Que Thanh Dallara, vice president and general manager, Telecom at TE. "Our Quareo PLM system helps simplify and automate the physical layer change control and documentation process for improved security, efficiency and accountability. The Quareo mission-critical tools support systems operators and integrators as they implement their cybersecurity strategies and solutions with their clients."
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $14 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today's increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations – redefining what's possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 80,000 people, including 7,500 design engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS – www.TE.com.