San Jose, Calif. -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced sampling of ClearPad® 4300, its second generation touch and display driver integration (TDDI) product targeting smartphones and tablets. This new single-chip solution is the first to combine Synaptics' best-in-class touch controller IP and systems level expertise with proven display driver technology developed in the company's Japan Design Center. TDDI enables Synaptics® to rapidly expand market share in mainstream smartphone and tablet markets where adoption is poised to exceed 50 percent.
The 4300 TDDI solution delivers lower overall system cost and a simplified supply chain, with enhanced capabilities enabling thinner devices, brighter displays and borderless designs for smartphones and tablets. An optimized user experience includes features such as low power wake-up gestures, unmatched gloved touch and moisture performance, face detect, grip suppression, and support for passive pen.
"With a deep IP portfolio and a global team of highly experienced engineers working on these solutions, we're bringing to market a portfolio of TDDI products that will underscore our clear market leadership in touch and display integration," said Kevin Barber, senior vice president and general manager, Smart Display Division. "We have been partnering with industry leading OEMs and LCMs who demand premium quality, product differentiation, and feature-rich TDDI solutions. ClearPad 4300 uniquely positions Synaptics to take advantage of the new growth opportunities in global smartphone and tablet markets."
"Synaptics, as a market innovator in TDDI, has a unique opportunity to shape the market with its second generation integration of touch controllers and display drivers. TDDI is expected to proliferate rapidly through the mid- to lower-end smartphones and tablets due to the cost savings, simplified manufacturing and yield benefits, while simultaneously vastly improving image quality," said William Stofega, program director, Mobile Phones, at IDC.
Key Features of ClearPad 4300:
- Advanced Features: Glove support, responsive performance under moisture, gesture input to wake up device from sleep to active mode, face detect, grip suppression, and support for passive pen
- Zero Display Noise: Delivers best-in-class noise mitigation and capacitive sensing performance
- Local Area Auto Contrast Optimization (ACO): Allows for contrast control by region with support for 1 billion colors – an industry first
- Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC): Combines brightness and image analytics to dynamically adjust backlight and gamma curve, optimizing between battery life and image quality
- Low Power: A deep standby mode reduces power for improved battery life
ClearPad 4300 is sampling today at key OEMs and LCMs
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.