Phoenix, Ariz. - Onlinecomponents.com recently launched their newly redesigned website. Dedicated to the belief that Onlinecomponents.com is quickly becoming one of the best ecommerce experiences for the procurement and engineering audience in the electronics industry, Onlinecomponents.com set this version’s strategy around improving the user experience. By implementing thousands of micro-improvements the team was able to make a huge difference in how visitors search, find, and buy. www.onlinecomponents.com
Making each individual interaction smoother, faster, and easier was at the core. The vibrant colors and the intuitive layout of information are fundamental changes users will immediately notice. The results of this design strategy included:
- “Predictive Search / Autocomplete” feature. This allows users to go directly from the search bar to their preferred part #, supplier, or category. This design element significantly cuts down search time and allows users to add items to their cart in just 2 clicks.
- We intensified the “Add to Cart” functionality. When adding items to the shopping cart, a pop up details what has been added to the cart, as well as what other items are currently in the cart. Users can change quantities, continue shopping or begin the check-out process, directly from any page.
- A “Recently Viewed Products” feature was also added. Once users create an account, they can access any recently viewed items directly from the OLC homepage. This is especially helpful for users to quickly access products previously considered but weren’t quite ready to purchase.
- An “Enhanced Line Card” was updated as an interactive tool and allows the user to begin typing a supplier name to instantly filter: http://www.onlinecomponents.com/line-card.aspx Clicking on any supplier transports the user directly to a streamlined supplier page which has all of the relevant information regarding that supplier, as well as featured product content.
- A “Streamlined Checkout” process was improved with the busy customer in mind…allowing them to checkout and complete their purchase in just minutes.
Onlinecomponents.com continues to offer users a no login/registration experience with access to price and availability on over 2M part numbers with over 350,000 available for immediate shipment.
Onlinecomponents.com, founded in 1999, is an authorized e-commerce distributor of electronic components featuring over two million part numbers for purchase exclusively over the internet. The site features over 350,000 in-stock part numbers from a selection of 250+ premier brands featuring interconnect, passive, and electromechanical products.