San Francisco, Calif. - The global router and switch market is expected to reach USD 41.03 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. High scale network infrastructure modernization across residential and commercial applications is anticipated to drive growth over the forecast period.
Growing demand for high speed internet along with technological advancements such as big data solutions, SDN, and cloud computing are expected to positively impact demand for the router and switch market. Owing to upgrading in technology along with shift in demand from hardware networking solutions to software-based solutions is expected to propel demand for core Ethernet devices.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Router And Switch Market Analysis By Product (Internet Exchange Router, Service Provider Core Router, Multiservice Edge Router, Ethernet Service Edge Router, ATM Switch), By Service (Broadband Aggregation (BRAS), Ethernet Aggregation, Ethernet Access, Internet Data Center/Collocation/Hosting) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at:http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-router-and-switch-market
Shift towards Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) market is propelling companies to increase their allocation of IT budgets for enhancing network security. Owing to increased usage of mobile and other electronic devices at work, there is an increased need to strengthen the network security for effectively managing and supporting the devices combined with mitigating the threat of an outside attack.
However, network failure and hardware inefficiencies with configuration of multiple platforms are expected to hamper the router and switch market.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Internet exchange routers market accounted for over 40% of the overall consumption in 2014 and is expected to shrink over the next seven years. High adoption rates of carrier Ethernet services have been leading to growing competition among operators, which results in their need to differentiate their offering.
- Multiservice edge router market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% from 2015 to 2022. It supports a variety of communication technologies, including frame relay, Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) and T1 circuits which is further expected to boost sales.
- The overall service provider routing industry is expected to shrink over the forecast period. However, growing demand for core devices with technologies such as 100 GB Ethernet becomes affordable as well as service providers complete their evaluations of latest core routing platform. Trends in carrier Ethernet, IP TV and multiservice networking are expected to drive edge router demand to over USD 18 billion by 2022. Ethernet service delivery to enterprises is another prime key growth factor for these products.
- The service provider edge router industry is expected to grow at a steady rate as several service providers continue to deploy these for LTE backhaul networks, however, other service providers cut down on investment into the fixed IP traffic networks.
- The industry primarily includes services such as BRAS, Ethernet access, Ethernet aggregation, and internet data center. The internet data center segment was valued over USD 3 billion in 2014 and is expected to lose share over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific router and switch market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period. It accounted for over 25% of the industry share in 2014 and is estimated to exhibit high growth prospects over the next seven years. India router and switch market is expected to outpace the other regional segments, growing at a CAGR of over 6.5% from 2015 to 2022. This growth is attributable to the various initiatives and framing of tenders for government projects in the wireless infrastructure along with huge investments to build their backhaul for expansions and new network build-outs.
- Notable manufacturers include Huawei, Juniper Networks, Cisco, ZTE Corporation and Alcatel-Lucent. Huawei is directing its R&D efforts by manufacturing quality equipment at lower prices along with strengthening its foothold in developed economies such as North America.
Grand View Research has segmented the router and switch market on the basis of product, service and region:
- Router and Switch Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Internet Exchange Router
- Service Provider Core Router
- Multiservice Edge Router
- Ethernet Service Edge Router
- ATM Switch
- Router and Switch Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Ethernet Aggregation
- Ethernet Access
- Internet Data Center
- Router and Switch Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- North America