In 2015, EPS readers were most interested in pricing and lead-time information when it comes to the interconnect, passive and electromechanical (IP&E) device market. Two of the biggest issues for IP&E buyers have always been availability and pricing, particularly for commodity products. According to an EPS purchasing survey, purchasers spend almost 5 ½ hours per week price shopping for commodities, and more than 5 ½ hours per week solving logistics and inventory challenges.
Power supplies were also a hot topic in 2015 with four out of the top 10 articles focused on power. These include two Sager articles about its power acquisitions, as well as a contributed article about the power supply industry’s Level VI Efficiency Regulation, and a top 10 power supply manufacturer ranking.
What’s happening at component manufacturers also held a lot of attention for our readers with three out of the top 10 most read articles about some of the industry’s largest component manufacturers, including Vishay, Molex, and Amphenol. With the growing adoption of wearables for consumers and enterprises, there is no surprise that readers also were interested in smaller and tougher connectors.
The top 10 articles are based on the number of page views in 2015.
- IP&E Lead Times, Pricing Stable
- Get Ready for the Level VI Efficiency Regulation
- Top 10 Power Supply Rankings Shift
- Does Vishay Need a New, Growth Formula?
- Molex Will Change Under Koch But How Much?
- 2 Acquisitions in 2 Years: Sager Buys Norvell
- Amphenol to Pay $1.3B for FCI
- Sager Ramps Up For a Power-Hungry Market
- Passive Component Market Remains Stable
- Connectors Get Smaller, Tougher for Wearables