Richardson RFPD, Inc. announced today the availability and full design support capabilities for a new silicon digital attenuator from Analog Devices, Inc.
The HMC1119 is a broadband, highly accurate, 7-bit digital attenuator, operating from 0.1 GHz to 6.0 GHz, with 31.75 dB attenuation control range in 0.25 dB steps. It is implemented in a silicon process and offers fast setting time, low power consumption and high ESD robustness. The new device features safe-state transitions and is optimized for excellent step accuracy and high linearity over frequency and temperature range. The RF input and output are internally matched to 50 Ω and do not require external matching components. The design is bidirectional, so the RF input and output are interchangeable.
The new attenuator also offers an on-chip regulator that can support a wide voltage supply range (3.3 V to 5.0 V) without compromising performance, as well as a driver that supports serial (3-wire) and parallel controls.
The HMC1119 is suitable for a range of applications, including cellular infrastructure, microwave radios and VSATs, test equipment and sensors, and other IF and RF designs.
Additional key features of the HMC1119 include:
- Low insertion loss: 1.1 dB @ 1.0 GHz, 1.3 dB @ 2.0 GHz
- Typical step error: less than ±0.1 dB
- Attenuation accuracy: less than ±0.2 dB
- Phase shift error: 6° phase shift @ 1.0 GHz
- P1dB: +31 dBm typical
- IP3: +54 dBm typical
- RF settling time (0.05 dB final RF output): 250 ns
- ESD rating: Class 2 (HBM)
- Package: 24-lead, 4 mm x 4 mm LFCSPTo find more information, or to purchase this product today online, please visit the HMC1119 webpage. The device is also available by calling 1-800-737-6937 (within North America); or please find your local sales engineer (worldwide) at Local Sales Support. To learn about additional products from ADI, please visit the ADI storefront webpage
- About Richardson RFPDRichardson RFPD, an Arrow Electronics company, is a global leader in the RF and wireless communications, power conversion and renewable energy markets. It brings relationships with many of the industry’s top radio frequency and power component suppliers. Whether it’s designing components or engineering complete solutions, Richardson RFPD’s worldwide design centers and technical sales team provide comprehensive support for customers’ go-to-market strategy, from prototype to production.More information is available online at www.richardsonrfpd.com.
Follow Richardson RFPD on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Richardson_RFPD.