The Sierra Wireless mangOH™ Red open source hardware platform is available primarily through Digi-Key Electronics, a global electronic components distributor. Targeted at the industrial IoT and maker communities, mangOH Red is the most feature-rich, lowest power open source enablement platform on the market. Talon Communications is producing the mangOH Red and IoT Expansion cards for use with the Red, including a CAN, Ethernet and Wi-Fi/BT expansion card.
Smaller than a credit card, it includes all of the building blocks needed to prototype and test ideas in days instead of months, with minimal investment. mangOH Red designs can then be modified and repurposed for mass production using its industrial-grade components and applications developed in the Legato® open source Linux platform.
Following the successful first mangOH Green edition, mangOH Red focuses on low power and miniaturization, providing a one-stop technology platform that includes:
- Credit card size form-factor ideal for rapidly building proof-of-concepts
- A snap-in socket to add any CF3®-compatible modules, including wireless modules (2G to 4G & LTE-M/NB-IoT) to achieve up to 10 years of battery life
- Built-in Wi-Fi b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.2 BLE with an ARM Cortex®-M4 core to provide real-time access to I/O
- Built-in Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Temperature and Pressure sensors, as well as a Light sensor and a 26-pin Raspberry Pi compatible connector
- An IoT Expansion Card slot to plug in any technology based on the IoT Connector open standard
- Sierra Wireless Smart SIM with up to 100 MB free data, depending on region, and can also be used with any commercially available SIM
- Easy connection to the AirVantage® IoT Platform to create, deploy and manage solutions in the cloud, and can also connect to other cloud platforms
- Ready-to-use product from selected distributors and complete source design under Common Creative License
The IoT Expansion Card form factor is designed to be a cost-competitive solution for several current and emerging host applications, by providing:
- On-demand hardware applications – The same host application can be used for different market segments by including unique expansion cards for each segment. For example, a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth solution for one segment and an environmental sensor for another segment.
- Electrical and feature compatibility across IoT technologies – Availability of several data interfaces allows support for various IoT solutions. For example, digital audio over PCM, application control and data transfer over USB, etc.
- Compatibility with various PAN technologies, sensors, and other IoT applications.
For more information about mangOH or to view Sierra Wireless’ entire product listing, please visit the Digi-Key website. Visit www.mangoh.io for tutorials, step-by-step instructions and developer forum.
2017 Sierra Wireless Developer Day
The 2017 Sierra Wireless IoT Developer Day on November 7th in San Jose, California is the only developer event focused on the unique challenges and opportunities of cellular IoT. Take part in a hands-on sensor-to-cloud experience integrated with Google Cloud IoT Core, and find out about the latest IoT technology. All hands-on session attendees will get free credits for the Google Cloud Platform and a mangOH Red to take home. For more information and to register visit: www.sierrawireless.com/developerday/.
About Sierra Wireless
Sierra Wireless is building the Internet of Things with intelligent wireless solutions that empower organizations to innovate in the connected world. Customers Start with Sierra because we offer the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of 2G, 3G and 4G embedded modules and gateways, seamlessly integrated with our secure cloud and connectivity services. OEMs and enterprises worldwide trust our innovative solutions to get their connected products and services to market faster. Sierra Wireless has more than 1,100 employees globally and operates R&D centers in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Connect with Sierra Wireless on the IoT Blog at www.sierrawireless.com/iot-blog, on Twitter at @SierraWireless, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/sierra-wireless and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/SierraWireless.
About Digi-Key Electronics
Digi-Key Electronics, headquartered in Thief River Falls, Minn., USA, is an authorized global, full-service distributor of electronic components, offering more than six million products, with over 1.3 million in stock and available for immediate shipment, from over 650 quality name-brand manufacturers. Digi-Key also offers a wide variety of online resources such as EDA and design tools, datasheets, reference designs, instructional articles and videos, multimedia libraries, and much more. Technical support is available 24/7 via email, phone and webchat. Additional information and access to Digi-Key’s broad product offering can be found by visiting www.digikey.com.