Future Electronics, a global leading distributor of electronic components, has announced immediate shipping availability of the Avalanche board part# AVMPF300TS-01 featuring a Microsemi PolarFire™ non-volatile field programmable gate array (FPGA) with 300,000 logic elements (LEs).
With the Avalanche board, Future Electronics has lowered the barriers for designers to access the lowest power, cost-optimized mid-range density PolarFire FPGA family. The board is a feature-rich, lowest-cost evaluation board for PolarFire FPGAs which enables designers to quickly implement prototype systems based on the unique family of FPGAs from Microsemi. Applications such as industrial IoT, imaging, secure communications and avionics could leverage the Avalanche to jump start designs.
Engineers can quickly implement commonly required functions, as the Avalanche board carries numerous peripheral components alongside the PolarFire FPGA, including a Panasonic PAN9320 Wi-Fi®networking module, 64Mbits of serial Flash memory, 4Gbits of DDR3 synchronous DRAM, a Microsemi VSC8531 10/100/1000BASE-T PHY, USB communication and Embedded FlashPro5 programming from Microsemi. These components could allow various types of communication based systems to be prototyped quickly. For example, by leveraging the cryptographic processor in the PolarFire FPGA, one could implement a secure link between Wi-Fi and 1000BASE-T.
Future Electronics has also equipped the Avalanche board with three standard connectors directly interfaced to the PolarFire FPGA, thus enabling developers to implement their choice of peripheral components, such as sensors, drivers, displays or wireless modules. These connectors are for Arduino™ shield, mikroBUS™ socket and Pmod connector/interface.
“The Avalanche board is the newest addition to our family of development boards. Avalanche is the lowest cost board available in the market for this innovative PolarFire technology. We believe industrial, medical, defense and communication customers will be excited about PolarFire FPGA’s ability to deliver up to 50% lower power than other mid-range density devices,” said Martin Bernier, Director of the Engineering Support Group for Future Electronics.
“Microsemi is thrilled about the availability of the Avalanche board developed by Future Electronics. This low cost PolarFire FPGA-based board delivers the best value of any mid-range density FPGA. With 300K LEs, Wi-Fi, 1000BASE-T and numerous expansion connectors, engineers can quickly prototype their ideas at minimal cost. We are extremely pleased Future Electronics has lowered the cost to adopt PolarFire FPGAs,” said Ted Marena, director of FPGA marketing for Microsemi.
The Avalanche Seminar Series will be offered on the following dates:
- Thursday January 11th in Baltimore, MD
- Tuesday January 16th in Orlando, FL
- Wednesday January 17th in Irvine, CA
- Thursday January 18th in Los Angeles, CA
- Thursday January 18th in Clearwater, FL
- Tuesday January 23rd in Seattle, WA
- Thursday January 25th in Portland, OR
- Thursday January 25th in Rochester, NY
- Tuesday January 30th in San Jose, CA
- Tuesday January 30th in Toronto, Canada
- Tuesday February 6th in Atlanta, GA
- Tuesday February 20th in Indianapolis, IN
- Thursday February 22nd in Minneapolis, MN
- Thursday February 22nd in Huntsville, Al
- Tuesday March 6th in Denver, CO
- Wednesday March 7th in Fort Collins/Loveland (Denver North), CO
- Tuesday March 13th in Calgary, Alberta Canada
- Tuesday March 13th in Bolton, MA
- Wednesday March 15th in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
- Tuesday March 27th in Dallas, TX
- Wednesday March 28th in Austin, TX
To register, visit https://futureelec.wufoo.com/forms/microsemi-avalanche-seminar-series/
For more information on seminar locations and times, visithttp://www.futureelectronics.com/en/promotions/EventsAndSeminars/Pages/MicrosemiWorkshops-AVALANCHE.aspx?homepage_tile_1