Richardson RFPD, Inc. announced today the availability and full design support capabilities for a new evaluation board from GaN Systems Inc. and Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation.
Using this evaluation platform, designers can characterize the performance advantages that result from operating a Class D amplifier at a high switching frequency. Low dead time and sub-nanosecond turn-on/off yield a higher-efficiency design with less total harmonic distortion and EMI.
Additional key features of the GS61004B-EVBCD include:
- Full-bridge with four GaN E-HEMTs and two E-HEMT drivers
- GS61004B E-HEMT operable up to 100 MHz
- PE29102 E-HEMT driver operable up to 40 MHz
- Best-in-class propagation delay: 10–45 ns, depending on configuration
- Optimized, Vcc independent, for matched dead time
- Integrated, resistor-adjustable dead-time control
- Control pins to evaluate phasing of each half-bridge circuit
- Snubbers from each switch node to ground
To find more information, or to purchase this product today online, please visit the GS61004B-EVBCD webpage. The evaluation kit is also available by calling 1-800-737-6937 (within North America); or please find a local sales engineer (worldwide) at Local Sales Support. To learn about additional products from GaN Systems, please visit the GaN Systems storefront webpage.
About Richardson RFPD
Richardson RFPD, an Arrow Electronics company, is a global leader in the RF and wireless communications, power conversion and renewable energy markets. It brings relationships with many of the industry’s top radio frequency and power component suppliers. Whether it’s designing components or engineering complete solutions, Richardson RFPD’s worldwide design centers and technical sales team provide comprehensive support for customers’ go-to-market strategy, from prototype to production. More information is available online at www.richardsonrfpd.com.